The Dartmouth Club of Japan aims to enhance our alumni interaction with the life of the College and each other, and share the experiences of the sons and daughters of old Dartmouth with the people of Japan.
We accomplish this by: strengthening communication between alumni and the College; developing and supporting alumni volunteer leadership; enhancing alumni connections with faculty, students and College leadership; and strengthening bonds with Japanese leaders and encouraging participation in alumni programs.
The Dartmouth Club of Japan has over 300 current members, with an active core group engaged in a variety of philanthropic and outreach activities including:
- Supporting College functions in Japan (visits by academics, lectures, conferences, etc.)
- Providing opportunities for educational and social events for alumni
- Maintaining relations with Hanover’s sister city of Nihonmatsu (birthplace of Japan’s first Dartmouth graduate)
- Hosting Dartmouth Language Study Abroad students in Japan
- Recruiting and interviewing local applicants for the Dartmouth Admissions Office
- Organizing a variety of other volunteer, fundraising and social activities